This page provides a description of how the Personal Data of visitors to ODE S.r.l.’s website are managed. This notice is given in accordance with EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (the “GDPR”) and Italian legislation protecting the personal data of those who interact with the website www.ode.it.
This notice pertains exclusively to the ODE S.r.l. website and does not apply to any other websites which users may access via links on this website.
Personal Data consist of any information identifying a person or referring to an identifiable person, such as:
▪ name and surname;
▪ e-mail address.
ODE S.r.l. collects and processes the aforementioned Personal Data in order to offer and provide certain services requested by Customers and/or Users who visit the website. Should these data subjects refuse to provide such information, ODE S.r.l. will be unable to provide the requested services.
Collection of Personal Data
ODE S.r.l. and the service providers it uses may collect the Personal Data of Customers and Users visiting the website on the same website.
Use of Personal Data
ODE S.r.l. and its service providers use the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- • to ensure that the website functions properly and to meet Users’ requests in the “Customers Area” and “Contacts” sections;
- • to send newsletters or facilitate content sharing on social media;
- • to collect aggregate and/or anonymous Personal Data.
ODE S.r.l. may only perform these activities with the explicit consent of the data subjects or to meet commercial interests.
Within the limits of the data processing for which consent has been given, Users have the right to revoke their consent to treatment at any time.
Disclosure of Personal Data
ODE S.r.l. discloses the Personal Data with service providers/third parties to facilitate their performance of services to the Company. Examples of the services they provide may be: web hosting, data analysis, data processing, IT and supply of infrastructure, customer service, email, auditing and other services.
Users and Customers may decide whether to share their Personal Data when they fill out the form in the “Customer Registration” section on the website’s homepage.
ODE S.r.l. uses and discloses Personal Data when necessary and using the appropriate methods to meet legal obligations or legitimate interests, such as:
- • compliance with the applicable law: this may include laws outside the country of residence;
- • compliance with the requirements of public and government authorities: this may include laws outside the country of residence;
- • cooperation with law enforcement: to meet their requests;
- • to meet the User’s requests: when Users email requests to the addresses indicated in the “Contacts” section, their personal data must be acquired, including their email address, which is necessary in order to send a reply. Specific notices will be progressively reported or published on the website for the particular services available upon request.
Collection of other information
ODE S.r.l. and its service providers may collect other Personal Data using the following methods, for example:
- • through the User’s device or browser: ▪ some information is automatically collected by most browsers or devices, such as the MAC (Media Access Control) address, the type of computer (PC or Mac), the screen resolution, the name and version of the operating system, the device manufacturer and model, the language, type and version of the Internet browser and the name and version of the website that the User is using. ODE S.r.l. uses this information to ensure that its website functions properly.
- • IP address: ▪ Internet service providers automatically assign an IP address to your computer. An IP address may be automatically identified and recorded in our server registration files each time a User visits the website, along with data on the duration of the visit and the page(s) visited. It is standard practice to collect IP addresses, and they are automatically collected by many websites, applications and other services. ODE S.r.l. uses IP addresses to calculate traffic, diagnose service problems and manage the website. Furthermore, we use the IP address to obtain approximate geo-location.
ODE S.r.l. takes reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data.
Choices and access
ODE S.r.l. allows Users to choose whether their Personal Data may be used and disclosed for marketing purposes.
Receipt of emails: if you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you may unsubscribe by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, by sending a letter to via Modigliani, 45 20090 Segrate (MI) – Italy.
Exercise of rights
If you wish to revise, correct, update, restrict or erase the Personal Data you previously provided to ODE S.r.l. or if you would like to request an electronic copy of your Personal Data to send to another company (inasmuch as this data portability right is guaranteed by the applicable law), you may contact ODE S.r.l by sending a request to:
ODE S.r.l. via Modigliani, 45 20090 Segrate (MI) – Italy E-mail: email@example.com
Please specify the following in your request: which Personal Data you wish to modify, if you would like to have your Personal Data erased, or which restrictions you would like to apply to the use of your Personal Data. To ensure the necessary data protection, ODE S.r.l. may need to verify your identify before fulfilling your request.
ODE S.r.l. will respond within one month of receiving the request to exercise any of the rights provided for by the GDPR, and this period may be extended to two months, if necessary, considering the complexity and number of requests that it receives.
ODE S.r.l. may need to retain certain information in order to register and/or complete operations that it began before the request was received. Certain information may be stored in the databases and other ODE S.r.l. files.
ODE S.r.l. retains Personal Data for the length of time necessary or permitted for the purposes for which they are obtained and in accordance with applicable legislation.
The criteria used to determine the retention period include:
- • the period of time over which the relationship with ODE S.r.l. was active or that over which the website was actively used;
- • if ODE S.r.l. is subject to a legal obligation (e.g., laws requiring it keep a record of transactions for a certain period of time before it can eliminate these records);
- • if retaining the information is advisable for its legal defence (e.g., considering laws applicable to restrictions, disputes or investigations).
Use of the website by minors
This website is not intended for minors. ODE S.r.l. does not knowledgeably use its website to request data from people younger than 18.
Special categories of Personal Data (sensitive data)
Please neither send nor disclose to ODE S.r.l. on its website or using other methods Personal Data classified as sensitive (e.g., information on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation).
Updates to this Personal Data Protection Notice
This notice may be updated to reflect changes in the law, regulations or our data privacy policies in accordance with the law. When updates are made and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or updated notice, which will describe the change in the use of your Personal Data, including any action you may be asked to take.
The Controller is ODE S.r.l., with registered office at via Modigliani, 45 20090 Segrate (MI) – Italy, represented by its legal representative.
The Data Protection Officer is Mr. Angelo Cantarelli, whom you may contact to exercise your rights by sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, by sending a letter to Via Modigliani, 45 20090 Segrate (Milan).
If you believe there has been a violation of data protection legislation, you may file a complaint with the National Data Protection Authority (the Italian Garante per la protezione dei dati personali).